Here are the results for your search on “film festivals ”.
FRM | Film Festivals
Nonstop Film Festivals
Just about 50 film festivals take place in the region throughout the year, which translates into one film festival every week! Many of these festivals are international, contributing much to the region’s cosmopolitan flair. Here is a small selection:
- MA/HD | International Film Festival | Nov
- WI | Exground | Independent Films | Nov
- KS | Kassel Dokfest | Documentary Films | Nov
- F | B3 Biennial of The Moving Image | Oct
- F | Lucas Festival for Young Film Lovers | Sep
- MZ | Mainz Film Summer | Jun-Sep
- DA | Filmfest Weiterstadt | Short Films | Aug
- F/Rheingau | Shorts at Moonlight | Jul-Aug
- MR | Open Eyes | Short Films | Jul
- F | Nippon Connection | Japanese Films | May-Jun
- WI | GoEast | Eastern European Films | Apr
- F | Lichter Filmfest Frankfurt International | Mar
- F | Africa Alive | African Film Festival | Jan-Feb
- F | Remake | Frankfurt Women's Film Days | Nov-Dec
F | Films | International Festivals
The Main Nippon Connection
Nippon Connection is the world’s largest Japanese film festival, even while it takes place in Frankfurt, Germany rather than in Japan. The film festival screens more than 100 fiction, documentary, animation and short films. Dozens of Japanese directors and actors gather here every year more than 6,000 miles away from Tokyo. For its 19th edition, Nippon Connection is once again offering a sophisticated and entertaining programme of recent releases including many European and German premieres. Nippon Connection is one of many international film festivals in the region and one of the largest English-language festivals in Frankfurt.
WI | Caligari Filmbühne
Cinema With Style
When the Caligari FilmBühne – named after the expressionist silent film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari – rolls out the red carpet, international film stars cannot be far. Located in Wiesbaden, right at the city’s market square, this beautiful cinema runs a sophisticated international programme when it isn’t hosting film festivals such as the top Eastern European film festival goEast and exground, widely known for its selection of international independent films. In 2018, the Caligari received the Hessian Cultural Award for its outstanding cultural commitment. Moviegoers also appreciate the film hall for its uniquely classic interior that conjures up the golden age of cinema, and for the fact that many of the films are shown in English.